Commodore 64 Training Video from 1982

Any general information you wish to share.
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Commodore 64 Training Video from 1982

Post by Dave Blake »

I found this training video on YouTube about the "new" Commodore 64 computer system that came out in 1982. What I found interesting about the video is all the concepts mentioned are still valid in today's computing world since the principles are still the same.

The video was hosted by Jim Butterfiled, a regular contributor and columnist for computer magazines such as COMPUTE! and COMPUTE!'s Gazette. If you're an early home computer user like me you will probably remember Jim.

This video is about 2 hours long. It covers just about everything the C-64 could do. And back in the 80's the C-64 did a lot for being such a low-cost home computer system compare to an IBM or Apple home system.

I still have a working C-64, floppy drive and a lot of software for it. But if you just want to play around with a C-64 you can download free emulators that will run on your current systems. And many C-64 software titles can be downloaded for free off the Internet. I'll bet you can even find subLOGIC's Flight Simulator II for the C-64.

I wish I'd seen this video back in the early 80's when I first got my C-64. You even get to see most of the old TV commercials for the C-64.

YouTube link --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmnlkLc1Foc

Dave Blake - SAX212
Marty_Becker
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: Commodore 64 Training Video from 1982

Post by Marty_Becker »

Very cool! The C64 was my second computer and I had subLogic FSII for it. My first computer was the TI-99/4A, which also had a flight sim written for it.
Marty - SAX054
8 NW of KORD