Questionable arrival

Any general information you wish to share.
Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

Questionable arrival

Post by Jim Tilley »

Has someone flown or can someone fly Flight #5001 - ENBR to ENSB ? ATC seems to send you away from the airport and it was somewhat confusing...Didn't know if it was me or the flight plan... I'm curious to see if I'm hallucinating... :)
JT
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: Questionable arrival

Post by Dave Blake »

I have not flown # 5001 but I see the POC has record of 3 other pilots completing the flight going back to 2014. Maybe one of these pilots will comment on the flight.
Dave Blake - SAX212
Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Jim Tilley »

Thanks Dave...Beautiful country up there...A flight to KBOS from there would be cool...
JT
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Thanks Jim for bringing this up. Something must have definitively changed on the route we had on file. It's typical that routes do change from time to tme, especially in Europe. We've updated the route for ENBR-ENSB and its return flight. These new routes are current and validated with Euro Control.

Suggest always validating the route of flight, fuel figures, etc. since we don't have automatic validation of all routes every time there's an AIRAC cycle change. Bad weather is another reason to find a different route of flight than what's published. The dispatch release form has other route sources links for your convenience, but there are several on the internet. Once you have a route, or even to verify a company route, you could use SkyVector to actually see how the route maps out.

Regards,

Dave Vega
sax702