Air Force Studies Autonomous Cargo Jets

Any general information you wish to share.
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Air Force Studies Autonomous Cargo Jets

Post by Dave Blake »

The Air Force has awarded a contract to Silicon Valley firm Reliable Robotics to study the feasibility of flying its biggest iron autonomously. The company will look at whether it makes sense to fly multi-engine jet cargo planes from gate to gate with a remote pilot monitoring from the ground. For each end of the flight, the company is also looking at having the planes loaded and unloaded with robots, too.

It’s also looking at making the technology available to commercial aviation. “Remotely piloted aircraft will enable the Air Force to increase mission tempo worldwide and leverage a certifiable commercial solution for defense industry needs at fractional costs and extend aircraft capabilities,” Reliable Robotics said in its Feb. 8 2023 announcement.

READ MORE HERE --> https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/air ... ingID=1238
Dave Blake - SAX212
SAX800
Seasoned Flyer
Seasoned Flyer

Re: Air Force Studies Autonomous Cargo Jets

Post by SAX800 »

Dave,

I don't know what to think about that... pilotless and remote control.... Telsas haven't done so well in this endeavor or other "autonomous" vehicles like city bus and cab experiments...
Very respectfully,
Chris Blair, SAX800
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

I can see baggage handling done by robots. Still have an issue with having robots fly me around. I still envision walking into a flight deck and seeing blue screens in all the displays. :)
airifr
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by airifr »

Don't go there...mankind in force
Xavier
SAX789