Flight Simulator Gave Birth to 3D Video Game Graphics

Any general information you wish to share.
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Flight Simulator Gave Birth to 3D Video Game Graphics

Post by David Vega »

Here's a good article covering the many twists and turns of our hobby's history.

Did you know that a few SunAir Express members visited subLOGIC and had a tour of its facilities? Jim Swanson and Marty Becker were there. In fact, as I heard the story, they were going to fly with Stu Moment on his airplane until the tail wheel of his airplane broke while taxing. I believe there are some photos around. I wish I had been there, but this was before my time.

Dave
sax702
SAX800
Seasoned Flyer
Seasoned Flyer

Re: Flight Simulator Gave Birth to 3D Video Game Graphics

Post by SAX800 »

Dave,

That was great! I started Flight Simming back in the days of Sublogic FS1. I thought ATP was a great program and actually "beta-tested" for Microsoft on FS3, FS4, and FS5. My first computer...
trs-80.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Very respectfully,
Chris Blair, SAX800
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Chris,

That ad brings back good memories. Mine was a Commodore 64 with subLOGIC's Flight Simulator. It's been a while, hasn't it?

Dave
sax702
SAX800
Seasoned Flyer
Seasoned Flyer

Post by SAX800 »

Dave,

It does bring back good memories. I tinkered with a C64. I started writing code back in 1978 with TRS-80 in Basic. My first line of code was
PRINT "HELLO WORLD!"

HELLO WORLD!

While today's computers are awesome and gee-whiz, I miss the simplicity of the past... DOS-rules! Life's good.
Very respectfully,
Chris Blair, SAX800