How To Manually Add Flight To POC

Questions and comments about the SAX POC.
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

How To Manually Add Flight To POC

Postby Dave Blake » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:38 am

Pilots no longer have the option to manually add a flight log to the Pilot Operations Center.

I encourage any pilot that is having trouble sending logs automatically to the POC to ask me for help so we can trouble shoot and fix your problem.

If for some reason your are unable to automatically send a log to the POC you may send your log data to me and I will add your flight to your record. This option should only be used until you can fix your problem with sending your logs to the POC. Repeated use will be frowned upon.

I will only accept the following log data to have a log manually added:

1. FSFK users should use EXPORT THE FLIGHT (Ctrl + E) and save the data files to a new folder. This will create 8 files that you will need to send to me. Zipping the folder would probably be the easiest way to send the files to me.

FSFK does allow users multiple attempts to send a log to the POC so I do not expect FSFK users will have the need for me to add a log for them. But that option is there if needed.

If you are unable to provide me with the above information I am sorry but you will need to fly the route again.
Dave Blake - SAX212

David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: How To Manually Add Flight To POC

Postby David Vega » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:25 am

Suggest pilots that have a problem with automatic flight reporting address their problems first. In other words, fix the problem so it doesn't happen again, then worry about sending your report to be manually entered. As mentioned, FSFK users can always resubmit their flight report provided the flight was saved. Please, let's not just impose on others to file our reports just because that what we would do, let's repair whatever is broken. From time to time, and I'm sure we all have experienced this, the simulator may crash, or the cat may jump on the keyboard, or anything else similar may occur. In such cases, I would suggest a re-flight. Thoughts?

Dave Vega
SAX702

airifr
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby airifr » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:34 am

Crashes happen sometimes(or the cat jumps on keyboard?), whether it is FS related or FSFK related, if it is the latter, then the best thing is to set up FSFK in General Options with Back Up Interval (10mins is good) so that if lets say FSFK crashes near the end of the flight and it s been 4hours you ve been in the air, how frustrating would it be to re flight!!?In that case, we just need to pause FS, then restart FSFK >New Flight>Open Saved Flights(it is the 3rd icon starting from the left), then select the last saved one so that you could resume close to the time you left.
If it is FS related, then FSPUIC should be set up to back up flights too, then after restarting FS, the last saved flight should be selected in the same manner as FSFK, then not forgetting to resume flight within FSFK.

All this is for FSFK, for FSACARS Im not sure, but I guess it should be similar.

To sum up:
both FS and FSFK/FSACARS(?) should be using back ups!! TO AVOID RE-FLIGHTS FRUSTRATIONS :)

EDIT:If it is FS related, we need to MANUALLY make back ups at regualr intervals by pressing ";" or selecting Flights-Save Flight within FS menu, as there is no option within FSUIPC to automatically make flight back ups, I mean as far as FS9's FSUIPC is concerned, Iam not sure about FSX's FSUIPC.
Last edited by airifr on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xavier
SAX789

Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby Dave Blake » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:18 pm

747l9v wrote: All this is for FSFK, for FSACARS Im not sure, but I guess it should be similar.

Good point about using the Backup features of FSFK and FS. But there is really no need to worry about FSACARS since SAX will stop using it November 1st.
Dave Blake - SAX212

peterom
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby peterom » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:06 pm

I'm going to print out what 747l9v has said. I have had a few problems with FSFK in the past. It's frustrating to spend a day on a long flight only to lose it. I have had several flights that crashed (not due to FSFK problems). For example, I was about 7 hours into a flight when there was a Windows update that updated itself (without my agreeing to the update) and then automatically rebooting the computer. I did refly this line, but was quite bummed out because of the wasted time. In the future, I will just do a slow burn and not ask anyone to manually enter my failed flight (if I am able to complete it but not get a report from FSFK). Up to this point, the problems might be caused by me and not the software.
Peter Meyerson
SAX339

Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby Jim Tilley » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:18 pm

I guess this is for you Dave...Since all the changes at the POC I cannot send a my flight results automatically. The message "Error Sending Log Data Base Error" shows up. This has not showed up for a long time. I flew the same flight twice with the same results. I would like to fix the problem on my end, but I do not know what you changed on your end that needs to be changed on my end. Yes, I still use Fsacars. Any help would be appreciated.... jt
JT

Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby Dave Blake » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:41 pm

Jim Tilley wrote:I guess this is for you Dave...Since all the changes at the POC I cannot send a my flight results automatically. The message "Error Sending Log Data Base Error" shows up. This has not showed up for a long time. I flew the same flight twice with the same results. I would like to fix the problem on my end, but I do not know what you changed on your end that needs to be changed on my end. Yes, I still use Fsacars. Any help would be appreciated.... jt

Jim, we have changed nothing on the POC side for receiving logs from FSFK or FSACARS. We only removed the manual log entry.

FSACARS will report a DATA BASE ERROR if you did not enter a valid flight number or if the SAX server happened to be unavailable when you tried to send your log. DO NOT ADD "SX" prefex before the flight numbers as this may be causing your problem. Others can send logs to the POC using FSACARS so the problem must be on your side.

You can send me your FSACARS saved log files and I will add them. Then look for a SAXxxx.DAT file (xxx = your pilot number) in your FSACARS folder and delete it. It also might be in the folder you use to save logs to. This file must be deleted before you attempt any more flights or you will continue to get the DATA BASE ERROR.

Remember, you will need to upgrade to FSFK before 01Nov2010. This is when the POC will only accept FSFK logs. And I will not accept FSACARS logs for manual entry from pilots after that date. You should have received an email notice about this. Let me know if you still have trouble sending logs to the POC.
Dave Blake - SAX212

Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby Jim Tilley » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:53 pm

This is for Dave Blake...I deleted the SAX741.dat file from my Fsacars folder and left out the SX prefix on my flight number. The flight info now can't be sent because "No log file for that company/pilot". I'm open for suggestions...Thanks...jt

Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby Dave Blake » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:01 pm

Jim Tilley wrote:This is for Dave Blake...I deleted the SAX741.dat file from my Fsacars folder and left out the SX prefix on my flight number. The flight info now can't be sent because "No log file for that company/pilot". I'm open for suggestions...Thanks...jt

Jim, the "NO LOG FILE FOR THAT COMPANY/PILOT" error message is address in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=342
Dave Blake - SAX212

Return to “Pilot Operations Center - POC”