Updated Aircraft

FAQ's and information.
Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

Updated Aircraft

Post by Jim Tilley »

With the retirement of several airplanes in the fleet I was wondering if there is any plans to add new aircraft. An expansion of the Airbus aircraft would be a nice touch or the newer Boeing 747 or 787 models... Just curious...This airline is still the best out there...Thanks!! jt...
JT
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: Updated Aircraft

Post by David Vega »

Jim,

We have talked about adding new aircraft types when thinking about expanding the airline. Keeping with the realism thing, we would add an aircraft type, if it makes "realistic" sense. For example, we replaced the CRJ2 with the CRJ7 because we could say that the CRJ7 is more cost effective per passenger. That same efficiency theme applies to retiring older B737 models. When the B787 is available, it may make sense to replace all our B767s, some B777, and some B747s, for the same reasons.

Another option is to add a new aircraft for a specific market. Some examples would be the new Q400 for the European and/or Caribbean markets.

Either way, to add an aircraft, our criteria has been to have a good freeware and a good payware option. Right now there are no good payware B787 options, though I read that one is in the works. Haven't even looked at the freeware alternatives.

We also thought about adding different types of flights that may call for new aircraft types. To make this feasible, the code behind the POC has to be changed a bit. I'm working on this, though slowly.

Thanks for posting.

Dave
sax702
Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: Updated Aircraft

Post by Jim Tilley »

Thanks for the info Dave...Certainly something to look forward to in the future...
JT