2 questions Dep/App and fuel time

FAQ's and information.
Nate R
Captain
Captain

2 questions Dep/App and fuel time

Post by Nate R »

ok well ive been using the pmdg 737 and love it but how do pick the right DP and STAR? is their an easy way or do i just gota look at it and pick the transitions and STARS that im headed toward? sometimes mine get a lil messed up but still make it to the airport. My seccond question is when submiting a Flight report on Vatsim how can i calculate how many hours of fuel i have? Thanks for all the help!

-Nate
Pylet
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Pylet »

I'd say you answered your first question just fine. I look at the direction of flight, runway being used and enroute waypoints then pick the best one that will give me the smoothest transition to the enroute segment. Sometimes you may have to live with something that isn't as smooth as you would like because of special airport procedures such as noise abatement or what have you. Some DP's are slated to a particular runway as well. You have to look at all of the text on the chart to make sure it is legal for your flight.

As far as figuring how many hours of fuel you have on board, a real "rough" estimate would be to divide your total pounds of fuel by 5,000. So, if you have 20,000 pounds of fuel on board, you have "roughly" 4 hours of fuel. Look at the Cruise Planning PDF that came with your PMDG B737, it's chapter two of the manual.

I'm no expert but these procedures work well for me. Good luck.
Command Captain Lyle Kirgan
ATL Hub Chief
SAX 0272
B737NG Home Cockpit Builder
Nate R
Captain
Captain

Post by Nate R »

hey thanks for the help!

-Nate