PMDG 737 The Next Generation

FAQ's and information.
Dave. S
Command Captain
Command Captain

PMDG 737 The Next Generation

Post by Dave. S »

Am thinking of purchasing this product, my o/s is vista & i wondered if anyone knows of any compatibility problems, i,ve been led to believe this aircraft was released for xp only. Do any of you run it ok on vista?
One more thing lol, i notice on posted screenshots of flights how clear & detailed some of the scenery & airports are, are these add-ons or do you just have very powerful pc,s ?
Dave SAX743
Marty_Becker
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: PMDG 737 The Next Generation

Post by Marty_Becker »

Dave:

Dave Vega maybe able to answer your question about Vista. I know he was using Vista on his laptop while in Baghdad.

As for screenshots that I have posted in the forum, or ones from the various flyins, I don't do any special manipulation of the image files other than resizing and reducing their file size. I have a 3Ghz machine, 1.5gb Ram and a ATI x800 256mb PCI video card. I run at a very high level of scenery settings. I have my framerates locked at 24fps.
Last edited by Marty_Becker on Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marty - SAX054
8 NW of KORD
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Yes, I can run the PMDG 737NG on Windows Vista without any problems. This on FS9. The problems are when one tries to port it to FSX. It doesn't run under FSX.

Regards,

Dave Vega
SAX702
Dave. S
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Dave. S »

Thanx Marty,
Turned scenery settings up & hey presto, trucks & allsorts appeared lol. Never tried before as i didnt think p.c would cope but works fine as long as i dont run fs in full screen, it,ll do for me :D
Dave SAX743
Dave. S
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Dave. S »

Dave,
Found no probs running it on vista, best aircraft i,ve flown but tons of stuff to read thru, got the basics tho & aint crashed it yet lol :wink:
Dave SAX743
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Dave. S wrote:Dave,
Found no probs running it on vista, best aircraft i,ve flown but tons of stuff to read thru, got the basics tho & aint crashed it yet lol :wink:
Not crashing is always a good thing. Good to know that it runs well on your Vista setup.

Regards,

Dave Vega