Help With Multiplayer Session ATC

FAQ's and information.
M Turek
Captain
Captain

Help With Multiplayer Session ATC

Post by M Turek »

Hey all,

Me and Jeff Wiss are experimenting with the SAX onine server but i'm running into a problem. I can join the multiplayer session just fine, and I can see the other pilots in the session but i cannot bring up my Air Traffic Control menu. I use the generic FS2004 ATC but i can't bring it up to get clearance or change freq's or anything..... ????

What am i doing wrong? should we use a "aftermarket" ATC setup?

Matt
Marty_Becker
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: Help With Multiplayer Session

Post by Marty_Becker »

FS ATC is not available during a multi-player session: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315195
At the bottom of that support page, it states that this applies for FS2002 and FS2004.
Marty - SAX054
8 NW of KORD
M Turek
Captain
Captain

Re: Help With Multiplayer Session ATC

Post by M Turek »

gotcha, looks like i'm gonna have to learn vatsim :)

matt
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Be careful with VATSIM, it's addictive. :D

R/dv/sax702
Marty_Becker
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Marty_Becker »

Matt:

Several of us fly on Vatsim and a couple of us are or have been controllers on Vatsim. Rich Walls is a controller instructor on Vatsim, Chris Saunders is a Vatsim controller and real-life controller and I have controlled in the Swiss Vacc in the past. I put up a post some time ago in the Vatsim topic here in the forum to help those who want to learn Vatsim. An easy way to start is to do some local multi player sessions on the SunAir FSHost and Teamspeak. Using FSNav as a ATC client, we could work through the ATC procedures of a flight(s) without the pressure of making mistakes on Vatsim. We could pause at any time to discuss questions/procedures/phraseology/etc. Once you are confidence about flying with human ATC, we could then more over to Vatsim and work through the setup and procedures for flying on that network. Another way is to join a certain region or division on Vatsim that offer pilot training.
Marty - SAX054
8 NW of KORD