Group Flight Anybody?

Announcements for all Pilots and Officers.

Would you be interested in a SAX group flight?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:15 pm

1. Sign me up.
33%
2. I would be interested, but the idea of flying online with VATSIM gives me the heebie-jeebies! Is there another way?
33%
3. Thank you but I pass.
33%

Total votes: 3

David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Group Flight Anybody?

Post by David Vega »

Fellow SAX pilots,

It's been forever since we had a group flight. Please let us know via this poll if you would be interested in participating in one. Also, we welcome any ideas on routes, how we would communicate when flying, date and times, etc.

Typically group flights are done using an online service such as VATSIM because it allows just about any type of flight sim available. We would meet at a designated airport and fly one of SAX's flights. This flight would be about an hour. We would also aim at having it on a weekend.

David Vega, SAX702
SAX800
Seasoned Flyer
Seasoned Flyer

Re: Group Flight Anybody?

Post by SAX800 »

Dave,

It's not that I'm not interested, just do not have the capability to Group Fly - but sounds like fun for the others.
Very respectfully,
Chris Blair, SAX800
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

No problem Chris. Appreciate your reply.

David Vega, SAX702
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Dave Blake »

I'm not ready to start flying VATSIM again just yet but I voted for trying a group flight.

This sounds like fun. I haven't used VATSIM in years but we might be able to use TeamSpeak for voice comms and FSHost for multi-flight again like we used years ago for group flights. But this might not work with FSFS (FS2020).
Dave Blake - SAX212
Rich
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Rich »

Sounds good to me. I enjoyed our group flights in the past using Teamspeak. Not that familiar with VATSIM, but an hour+ on a Sunday would be great!
jww12112
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by jww12112 »

Pardon for the delayed response, just saw the posting about this inquiry…and wanted to reply….
Been a long time we since we have done those… they were fun..I had the pleasure of doing several with Sun Air. Taking off with everyone & Landing at the destination airport , watching everyone approach and land-in , it was a lot of fun.. I would definitely be in on those again…. However, at this time, my computer shot craps and the hard drive failed……I had notified Mr Dave Vega of my plight.. . And temporary leave of absence .. So my “plane “ is in the shop and under major repairs till I get back up in the air… . I did use team speak,, never had used vatsim . Hope everyone considers it .. they were always good times.. and hour long flights were a perfect fit for everyone’s busy skeds. Count me in… as soon I as get a new plane and get all my crap downloaded to get back in the game….

Jeffro/SAX766
14 NM SE of KSTL
airifr
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by airifr »

Sorry also for the delayed reply as I was away from base for a while..
As the poll ended already, not able to select a response.

Count me in, VATSIM OK.

This will be fun alright!

Xavier
SAX789
Xavier
SAX789