Poll: Incorrect Aircraft Types

Announcements for all Pilots and Officers.

Should flight logs with incorrect aircraft types be deleted?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:55 pm

No
7%
Yes
93%

Total votes: 14

Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Poll: Incorrect Aircraft Types

Post by Dave Blake »

It is OK to use a different model aircraft for scheduled flights but not a different type aircraft.

This mean that a B737 flight can be flown with a B737-800, B737-700, etc. It does not mean a B737 flight can by flown with an B757 or B767.

Should flight logs be deleted from the POC when incorrect aircraft types are used?

Your comments are welcomed.
Dave Blake - SAX212
airifr
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: Poll: Incorrect Aircraft Types

Post by airifr »

True,

It should be deleted.

..to keep SAX integitry.
Xavier
SAX789
Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Jim Tilley »

Yes they should...
JT
jww12112
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by jww12112 »

My fellow pilots: have to be believe this one was directed at me.... I have to step up to the plate, and say I have a couple of times used a different plane for a flight. I used a Dc-10 freighter in place of a B767. I had a conversation with Dave Blake and thought he had mentioned it was Ok...due to the fact it was in the same class or something like that. Only to have him correct me and said it was not.. Guess I was mistaken.....He had asked me to discontinue the practice....enough said.... got it. I know there are other pilots who have used aircraft for particular routes which according to the roster and flight plans call for different equipment than what was used to make the flight. I am not going to call them out on our forum, unprofessional it would be...... I apologize to my fellow pilots for the action... It was not my intent to defraud or corrupt fuel usage data or corrupt our airline in any way... It was purely the act of just using a different plane, change of venue, a plane with wing views, and so on.... until Dave B. explained the importance of our aircraft data regarding our flights did I understand his position.....I am voting with the majority to delete any incorrect logs as well....delete what u must....they are flights I would fly again with the correct aircraft... assuming the airline and its officers will allow me the opportunity to continue to fly for its organization. As I have said in the past and will always continue to say: It has been an awesome time with SunAir, I joined back in 2008. Though our airline has a very small roster of pilots, it is that very fact, also to mention the character of our pilots within, which gives it the character its possesses..... Again, my fellow pilots.... Please accept my apology.

Jeffro/SAX766
14 NM SE of KSTL
airifr
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by airifr »

Jeff,

Either you or other it doesnt matter, what matters is keeping SAX integre and the best airline to fly :D
Xavier
SAX789
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Dave Blake »

jww12112 wrote:My fellow pilots: have to be believe this one was directed at me....
Jeffro, this poll was not directed at you, or anyone else. But thank you for your honesty and feedback.
Dave Blake - SAX212
orac
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by orac »

Voted yes to delete, but have a concern that some flights may have changed equipment over the years so wouldn't want legitimate flights deleted. One of the 747 legs for the around the world routing comes to mind as one that changed to 777, although now I can't find it. Maybe it was WSSS-YSSY that no longer exists.
__
Neil