Flight Simulator Crash Detect

Announcements for all Pilots and Officers.
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Flight Simulator Crash Detect

Post by Dave Blake »

SunAir Express requires that all pilots set their flight simulator “Crash Detect” setting to “ON” for all flights logged to the Pilot Operation Center.

I have notices some high touchdown rates in the POC FSACARS logs, some above -1000 FPM. With that high of a touchdown rate I am suprised that the aircraft did not crash. This leads me to believe that the crash detect is not active.

I know it is no fun crashing after a flight thinking that you have to fly the leg again. But if this was real life and you crashed, would you expect to receive credit for the flight?
Last edited by Dave Blake on Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Blake - SAX212
Al O'Brien
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by Al O'Brien »

Dave
I just made a flight from mmun to ktpa in a 763 with crash detect and stress to aircraft on. Touch down at 658 fpm. while it is nothing to brag about, it was not dinged as a crash, so while they probably have to put new tires on, the landing would still be considered as one you could walk away from. I seem to have a bit more problems putting the 763 down gently then the 737 and have caused stess damage while practicing with it a few times even when lthe touch down was less then 500fpm, I think this may have been due to the angle of attack on touchdown. It seems more delicate on landing then the 737.
Al sax067
Marty_Becker
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: Flight Simulator Crash Detect

Post by Marty_Becker »

Marty - SAX054
8 NW of KORD