Should SunAir Express Add the B777

Announcements for all Pilots and Officers.

Should SunAir Express aquire the B777 to replace some B767 & B747 flights?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:56 am

Yes
57%
No
No votes
Don't Care Either Way
43%

Total votes: 7

Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Should SunAir Express Add the B777

Post by Dave Blake »

Some interest in the B777 has come up. What is your oppion?

If the B777 is aquired it would more than likely replace some of the current B767 & B747 flights used on the very long haul flghts.

We want to know what you think. Please take a moment and answer this short poll. This poll will last for 7 days. Comments are welcome, too. Thanks!
Dave Blake - SAX212
JohnnyT
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by JohnnyT »

I think it would be nice with a B777 in the SAX fleet and perhaps also the B757 and/or B737-800/-900. :D

Johnny
Pylet
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Pylet »

My only concern is that maybe we should start a program where if a pilot hasn't flown an airframe that they are qualified to fly within the previous 6 months that they have to take a checkride to re-certify. I know I even have problems flying multiple airframes because of the differences. I can't believe that there are pilots out there that are fully current and qualified to fly every single model of aircraft available. Just a thought.
Command Captain Lyle Kirgan
ATL Hub Chief
SAX 0272
B737NG Home Cockpit Builder
chriszdc
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by chriszdc »

Hi Dave

my $0.02 - I think it would be nice to add - but I really think we should take delivery of them like a real airline would - 1 about every 2-3 months and add them to the mainline that way.

I think if we did this, we could have every hub gets 2 a year. This way we can keep our current hard won schedule and add new destinations.

Take Delta - they fly 777s from Atlanta to Tokyo - longest of long hauls - and they also fly it Atlanta to Orlando - shortest of short hauls. So, it is a very versatile aircraft.
Command Captain Chris Saunders
SAX 411
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

chriszdc wrote:Hi Dave

Take Delta - they fly 777s from Atlanta to Tokyo - longest of long hauls ...
The seat of my pants hurts just thinking about this flight. :shock:

Another way to add would be to introduce the T7 is to use it for existing destinations replacing an equivalent heavy iron. Not hubs have to have the T7. This would create interest in hub diversity.

dv
Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Jim Tilley »

As a varitable virgin pilot, I think the B777 is an awesome plane, albeit requiring tremendous flying skills.........I think it would make a great addition to the already impressive fleet........ Jim Tilley :)
JT
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Re: Should SunAir Express Add the B777

Post by BearWhoTalks »

Dave Blake wrote:Some interest in the B777 has come up. What is your oppion?

If the B777 is aquired it would more than likely replace some of the current B767 & B747 flights used on the very long haul flghts.

We want to know what you think. Please take a moment and answer this short poll. This poll will last for 7 days. Comments are welcome, too. Thanks!
:D

Dave,

I like the idea of the B777.

I only wonder if it is really necessary to combine the current B767 and B747 routes to make the routes for the B777. I ask this in that I have purchased both the B767 and B747 aircraft form Level D and PMDG and would hate to loose the option to fly those aircraft just to get a chance to fly B777 for flight credit.

Could you just add some new routes for the B777 or make the B777 a choice of aircraft rather than loosing the option of selecting the B767 and B747 if B777 added to the fleet.
PeterW SAX 728
pmb742
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by pmb742 »

Yes to the 777, although I do not have the flight time in to use one I guess? But I agree with Lyle about the flight testing, after all lets be realistic! (And I do have the 777 from Just Flight).
kdundon
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by kdundon »

I have the PSS 777 and would love to see it added. I like the idea of using it in place of the scheduled 747 or 767 and in some cases the 737. I also like the 747 from PMDG and the LLVD 767. I must admit though that I favor the 747 and 777. One thing to think about is the 777 uses less fuel than the 747 so savings in fuel costs would be there also. Ken