Poll:Which Flight Sim Do You Use For SAX Flights?

Announcements for all Pilots and Officers.

Which Primary Flight Sim Do You Use For SunAir Express Flights?

MS Flight Sim 10 (FSX)
No votes
MS Flight Sim 2004 (FS9)
100%
MS Flight Sim 2002 (FS2002)
No votes
Airline Simulator 2 (AS2)
No votes
Airline Simulator 1 (AS1)
No votes
Airline Transport Pilot (ATP)
No votes
X-Plane
No votes

Total votes: 13

Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Poll:Which Flight Sim Do You Use For SAX Flights?

Post by Dave Blake »

Now that FSX has been out for a while it is time to see which primary flight sim you are using to fly your SunAir Express flights with.

Your comments are welcomed.
Dave Blake - SAX212
Nate R
Captain
Captain

Re: New Poll:Which Flight Sim Do You Use For SAX Flights?

Post by Nate R »

I'm primarily using my laptop to fly with and its not quite good enough to use FSX. Maybe sometime ill have a new pc and get FSX :)
Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Jim Tilley »

I have used Microsoft FS 2004, but I recently purchased a new system and downloaded the FSX. I'm in the process of a changeover...... Jim
JT
JohnnyT
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by JohnnyT »

It´s only a few weeks since I definitely erased FS2002 and I can trust my FS9. :oops:
I think I will stick to FS9 for a while now. Also there is a few questions if PMDG, FsNav and others will run under FSX ( I assume, have´t looked into it). But the main reason for me not to start use FSX, besides that my computer is 3 years old by now, is that I´m to lazy. I love to fly, not to install and adjust everything over and over when there is a new version of FS. It takes month to make things the way you want.
//Johnny
RichW
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by RichW »

I installed FSX when it first came out but was dissatisfied with the framerates using the default aircraft. I have a P4 3.04 Ghz CPU and 2 GB memory which is quite adequete for FS9. I don't think I will reinstall it until I get a fast dual or quad core machine but even with that FSX only makes limited use of the additional processors. Maybe I'll just pass on this one and wait for FSXI.

Rich
Richard Walls
SAX746 - ATL Hub
scorpio
Captain
Captain

Post by scorpio »

I had FSX installed on my PC and it ran fine, BUT:
this new version of FS is a complete disappointment! The planes are modelled in such an unrealistic way that I can see no reason to switch over.
I have invested quite some money in payware add-ons for FS9 and I shall stick to FS9 as long as possible and/or when M$ comes out with a new version with better flight modelling....

Just two examples of how "real as it gets" FSX really is: You take the trike ultralight up and make as many loops as you want and you can fly inverted for as long as you like. Is that realism?
You can do the same in the B747, with enough speed it will stay in inverted fly for a looooooong time also....

So, no FSX for me, I´ll wait until FSXV comes out :(