PMDG 737 NG Winglets

Do you know something about FS9, or an aircraft, panel, scenery or an add-on for it? Post information and links about them here.
Rich
Command Captain
Command Captain

PMDG 737 NG Winglets

Post by Rich »

I just purchased PMDG 737 NG. I've seen previous questions regarding the winglets on this aircraft.

How do I activate the winglets on this version?

Thanks,

Rich in TPA
Marty_Becker
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Marty_Becker »

Rich:

Check your email...

Marty
Marty - SAX054
8 NW of KORD
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: PMDG 737 NG Winglets

Post by David Vega »

Rich,

Can you see your winglets variation now?

Dave Vega
Rich wrote:I just purchased PMDG 737 NG. I've seen previous questions regarding the winglets on this aircraft.

How do I activate the winglets on this version?

Thanks,

Rich in TPA
Rich
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Rich »

Marty and Dave,

As it is right now, when I attempt to load the PMDG 727 NG, I don't see a selection of the aircraft with winglets. I can load the 600 or 700 (with SAX livery), but no winglets, so I can't tell if the bitmaps work or not.
Sooooo, what am I doing wrong? :shock:

Rich in TPA
Marty_Becker
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Marty_Becker »

Rich:

Do you have a folder, "PMDG737-700-Winglets", in your aircraft folder?
Marty - SAX054
8 NW of KORD
Rich
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Rich »

Hey Marty,

Yes I do have that folder under my aircraft directory. And as you can see, I'm having a difficult time getting my "avatar" updated. Seems everything I touch lately turns into an electronic storm! :?

My avatar pic is in jpg and gif format, is 98x98 pixels and under 10kb.

Thanks,
Rich
Marty_Becker
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Marty_Becker »

Rich:

Don't feel bad, I'm having to rebuild my hard drives from scratch again, twice since October.

You should have a "texture.sax" folder within the "PMDG737-700-Winglets" folder with those updated textures files I sent you via email. Also, you should have the following in the aircraft.cfg file:

[fltsim.6]
title=SAX 737-700
sim=B737-700WL
model=WL
panel=
sound=
texture=sax
checklists=PMDG737NG_CHECK
atc_id_color=0xffffffff
atc_id=N737PM
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=737
ui_manufacturer=Boeing-PMDG
ui_type=737-700 - 2D Cockpit Only
ui_variation=SAX
description=Boeing 737-700 with CFM56-7B24 engines v 1.2\nPrecision Manuals Development Group\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \nFor use with BOEING 737: The Next Generation by PMDG \nFor Technical Support please visit http://www.precisionmanuals.com or email support@precisionmanuals.com \nPMDG Developer and Customer Forum available at our website. \nSounds Developed in conjunction with SkySong Soundworks \nFSUIPC Commercially Licensed from Pete Downson \nAll Artwork encoded using Digimark Technology \nFor Registration or License Questions please contact registration@precisionmanuals.com \nThank you for supporting PMDG!\n
visual_damage=1
atc_heavy=0
kb_reference=PMDG737NG_REF

[fltsim.7]
title=SAX 737-700 - Stairs
sim=B737-700WL
model=WLAS
panel=
sound=
texture=sax
atc_id_color=0xffffffff
atc_id=N737PM
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=737
ui_type=737-700 - 2D Cockpit Only
ui_variation=SAX W/Stairs
description=Boeing 737-700 with CFM56-7B24 engines v 1.2\nPrecision Manuals Development Group\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \nFor use with BOEING 737: The Next Generation by PMDG \nFor Technical Support please visit http://www.precisionmanuals.com or email support@precisionmanuals.com \nPMDG Developer and Customer Forum available at our website. \nSounds Developed in conjunction with SkySong Soundworks \nFSUIPC Commercially Licensed from Pete Downson \nAll Artwork encoded using Digimark Technology \nFor Registration or License Questions please contact registration@precisionmanuals.com \nThank you for supporting PMDG!\n
visual_damage=1
atc_heavy=0

[fltsim.8]
title=SAX 737-700 - Virtual Cockpit
sim=B737-700WL
model=WLVC
panel=VC
sound=
texture=sax
atc_id_color=0xffffffff
atc_id=N737PM
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=737
ui_type=737-700 - Virtual Cockpit
ui_variation=SAX
visual_damage=1
atc_heavy=0

[fltsim.9]
title=SAX 737-700 Virtual Cockpit/Stairs
sim=B737-700WL
model=WLASVC
panel=VC
sound=
texture=sax
atc_id_color=0xffffffff
atc_id=N737PM
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=737
ui_type=737-700 - Virtual Cockpit
visual_damage=1
atc_heavy=0

[fltsim.10]
title= SAX 737-700 - Virtual Cockpit/Cabin
sim=B737-700WL
model=WLVCCAB
panel=VC
sound=
texture=sax
atc_id_color=0xffffffff
atc_id=N737PM
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=737
ui_type=737-700 - Virtual Cockpit & Cabin
ui_variation=SAX
visual_damage=1
atc_heavy=0

[fltsim.11]
title=SAX 737-700 Virtual Cockpit/Cabin/Stairs
sim=B737-700WL
model=WLASVCCAB
panel=VC
sound=
texture=sax
atc_id_color=0xffffffff
atc_id=N737PM
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=737
ui_type=737-700 - Virtual Cockpit & Cabin
visual_damage=1
atc_heavy=0
Marty - SAX054
8 NW of KORD
Rich
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Rich »

Thanks, Marty, that fixed it!

Flying with winglets now! :lol:
Marty_Becker
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Marty_Becker »

Great! Glad you got it fixed.
Marty - SAX054
8 NW of KORD
Al O'Brien
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by Al O'Brien »

Marty;
I was reading this topic and from it I gather that I need special textures to put winglets on the SAX model of the PMDG 737. Maybe when you get a chance you could update me on how to go about getting them.
Al SAX067
Marty_Becker
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Marty_Becker »

Al:

Now that the forum can accepts file attachments, the winglets are attached to this message. Place the two bmp files in your texture.sax folder within the PMDG737-700-Winglets aircraft folder.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marty - SAX054
8 NW of KORD
Al O'Brien
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by Al O'Brien »

Marty;
Thanks I like the look. I didn't think about it till I seen your PMDG at the last flyin.
Al :D
Marty_Becker
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Marty_Becker »

Al:

Good to hear it worked. If you have the Jim BBJ/BBJ2 modification or add it later, be sure to also add the winglet bmps there.
Marty - SAX054
8 NW of KORD
JohnnyT
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by JohnnyT »

Since I bought a new computer with Windows Vista ( tree years ago) I haven't flew with winglets. I didn´t see the choice in the menu in Fs9/PMDG. Today I made a new try to find the installed winglets. I went to the PMDG-forum and the topic of livery installation problems at: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/330579-liv ... 0+winglets .
In Vista and Win 7 you have to run FS9 as administrator.
There they was. All my installed aircrafts with winglets. :shock:
Now I'm flying with winglets again! :D
//Johnny SAX715