Comments or suggestions about SunAir Express
Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Jim Tilley »

Has anyone had problems with the nose wheel collapsing on the 767? I have had it happen to me many times. I set the flight up, start the FSFK, go back to the flight and when I switch from the cockpit to the exterior shot of the plane it shakes and the front wheel collapses, which of course resets the flight. Any input is appreciated as I am unable to fly a large amount of flights. I have re-downloaded the 767 numerous times and this problem persists....Thanks... Jim Tilley
JT
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: 767

Post by David Vega »

Jim,

Let's find out what's causing it. Do you experience the same from any airport? Sometimes scenery in one airport may make the airplane bounce enough that it results in a collapsed landing gear. Seattle is famous for that.

Dave Vega
SAX702
Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Jim Tilley »

Any airport I have flown in has the same effect on the plane Dave. It's the only plane I have trouble with and when the nose collapses, a fire starts....
JT
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

You're using the one for FS9 on FS9, right? If so, we uploaded that one in 2004. This is a model from Project OpenSky, now defunct. But, they released a model that may be newer than the one we have, so let me see if I can update ours to the latest model, and if that makes a difference. Give me a few days.

Dave Vega
SAX702
Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Jim Tilley »

Sorry about the extra work Dave...I'm sure you have nothing else to do....that would be great...thanks.. jt
JT
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Jim,

Just emailed you a request to test pilot the upgraded version. Used the email address we have on record for you. I took the airplane from KSTL-KMCO, uneventful flight until just before landing. There were thunderstorms in the Orlando area, so the landing was a bit rough, but no collapsed gear.

Dave Vega
SAX702
Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Jim Tilley »

Awesome Dave...Thanks very much... I was able to get the old 767 from Atlanta to Halifax...Just after setting the parking brake the nose wheel collapsed and my flight was recorded as a crash...aaaawwww....I'll give the new bird a try... jt
JT
Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Jim Tilley »

Hey Dave...Thanks for the installation instructions...They worked perfect... I took a short hop from KJFK to KBOS and the 767 was awesome....No collapsing wheels and it did not bounce all over the place...I hope to take it on a longer hop soon if I can ever get away from work...Thanks for all your hard work and solving my frustrating problem... be well.. Jim Tilley
JT
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Good to hear Jim. Please let me know how it performs after the long trip and we'll replace the existing B767 with the one you are testing.

Thank you.

David Vega
SAX702
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Dave Blake »

Jim Tilley wrote:Hey Dave...Thanks for the installation instructions...They worked perfect... I took a short hop from KJFK to KBOS and the 767 was awesome....No collapsing wheels and it did not bounce all over the place...I hope to take it on a longer hop soon if I can ever get away from work...Thanks for all your hard work and solving my frustrating problem... be well.. Jim Tilley
Jim, may I suggest you try landing at an airport and preferably the same runway where you know you had trouble with the gear collapsing to see what happens.
Dave Blake - SAX212
Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Jim Tilley »

Hey Dave...It wasn't necessarily on the runway. It would collapse just sitting at the gate when I shifted from the cockpit to the exterior shot of the plane. Or if I would taxi to the runway and shifted back and forth it would collapse there as well. The 767 I just downloaded does not bounce like that and the front wheel has not collapsed yet. jt
JT
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Dave Blake »

Jim,
I remember having an issue with the gear on the SAX B767 when it first came out or when beta testing it. The gear would collapse when landing. I remember it happened at KSTL on 12R but I thought it was the mains that would collapse not the nose. But I don't remember what the fix was. I must be getting old. :roll:
Dave Blake - SAX212