Comments or suggestions about SunAir Express

Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Dave Blake »

How are we doing?
What do you like or dislike about SunAir Express?
What can we do to make SunAir Express better?

Bad or good, we want to know what you think about SunAir Express. We may not be able to apply all of your ideas, but you never know until you ask.

Please post your comments here as a new thread unless it is a comment about someone elses comment. Then just use the post reply.

Thanks and keep'em flying!
Last edited by Dave Blake on Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dave Blake - SAX212
JohnnyT
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by JohnnyT »

How are we doing?
Very good! I´ve made some suggestions to Dave Vega and as I can see, some of them have been realized now.
What do you like or dislike about SunAir Express?
I like mostly everything. Especially POC and the Route maps. Also I like the size of Sunair. We are quite few pilots and that means we are more like a family. As you know I fly for SAS as well and there you are one of nearly 700 other pilots. Totaly anonymous.
What can we do to make SunAir Express better?
Maby it would be nice with a recomendation of panel choise to our aircraft.
Like one payware and one freeware.

Btw I did succeed to log on to Teamspeak tonight (Zulo+1) and I talked to Phill SAX742 and to my boss Dave Vega. I must say that I agree with Phill that we should use Teamspeak every time we are flying. Nice to talk to our fellow pilots during a boring cruise or after you´ve approched the gate.

Thanks for a very good virtuell airline!

Johnny Taptos
SAX715/SAS213
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Johnny,

It was good hearing your voice for the first time on Teamspeak. For information about suggested panels for our airplanes, look in the FS Add-ons forum for Aircraft Parts! Where?

:wink:
Dave Vega
STL Hub Chief
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Dave Blake »

Brian F. wrote:The PDF file for the Pilot Eval program has some errors in it. In regards to the instructions on how to save the FS ACARS file, the instructions didn't work. When I followed them and did a File Save Acars, it did not save my actual flight log, but some other .txt file. When I went back into it and did a Send Log, it then created the correct file.
Something must have gone wrong when you tried to save your log file. You are the first pilot to report this problem and the test procedure has been in use for some time now.
Brian F. wrote:The Screenshot should reflect FL270 instead of 27000 for Flight Level, as per FS Acars recommendations. Unsure if that has any effect or not.
You MUST enter the flight level as show in the instructions. DO NOT use FL270. If you do then your flight level will not be displayed correctly on the Flights in Progress map.
Brian F. wrote:The Flight Plan that was part of the Universal Install did not have a Deptarure Position, so it would start the Aircraft location right in the middle of the Airfield. If you tried to change it in the Flight Planner, then it would reset to a VFR flight instead of IFR, and wouldn't allow you to change back to IFR without reloading the Flight Plan, but if you did that, the Departure Position would be blank again. I added this field to my .PLN file departure_position=GATE G 9
The flight plan is setup to place your aircraft at a KSTL gate. Not sure why you had problem with this.
Brian F. wrote:The Universal Install package installed the FSUIPC.DLL file in the wrong path. It assumed my FS2004 was installed on the C: Drive and in the default path. Mine was installed on the S: Drive so the DLL was in the wrong spot.
Yes, the install package is setup to install everything in the default folders. However, I thought the install package explained this during the installation and may even give you the option to install everything in the correct folder. However, I am not totally sure of this.
Brian F. wrote:There is an option to manually install FSUIPC and FS ACARS but I didn't find a link for the .PLN file.
You are right. I will update the check ride procedure so the flight plan file can be manually installed.

Thank you for your feedback. We find all feedback valuable!
Dave Blake - SAX212

Post by Guest »

well i've almost been here half a year and i love it! its nice to fly with other people and be able to chat with them rather than just flying by myself it makes it a lot more interesting. After looking at a lot of virtual air sights i think this is one of the best because its very well organized it has a great way to file flight reports and the community of people is great!. Only thing i wish is that there was more fly in's lol :)
Nate R
Captain
Captain

Post by Nate R »

Anonymous wrote:well i've almost been here half a year and i love it! its nice to fly with other people and be able to chat with them rather than just flying by myself it makes it a lot more interesting. After looking at a lot of virtual air sights i think this is one of the best because its very well organized it has a great way to file flight reports and the community of people is great!. Only thing i wish is that there was more fly in's lol :)
oops lol that was me didnt know i wasnt logged in
Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

Feed back

Post by Jim Tilley »

I absolutely love the airline since joining........the routes, aircraft and supporting personnel are second to none...I am jealous of all the airport and scenery upgrades everyone uses as I am pretty much computer illiterate........as a result, when aircraft offered by Sunair is downloaded, it would be great if the cockpits were downloaded with the plane....I have no idea how to download and replace the default cockpits on fs2004.....
Secondly it is frustrating when you get to an airport on time and are penalized as a late arrival as a result of the ATC not spacing the aircraft properly and you are forced to go around once or twice........Other than that, great job with the airline!!! Jim Tilley...
JT
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: Feed back

Post by Dave Blake »

Jim Tilley wrote: Secondly it is frustrating when you get to an airport on time and are penalized as a late arrival as a result of the ATC not spacing the aircraft properly and you are forced to go around once or twice........Other than that, great job with the airline!!! Jim Tilley...
Jim, as you have found out, the ATC on FS9 isn't the greatest. What you can do is cut down on the amount of IFR IA traffic and even disable the VFR traffic. That should help on your spacing problems.
Dave Blake - SAX212

Post by Guest »

this sooooo reminds me of what Jame's has mentioned in the main discussion forum.... :)
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

I've been using AISmooth. This free program will monitor AI traffic around your airport and avoid multiple planes arriving at the same time, simulating traffic separation by sending planes into holding patterns. I haven't been told to go around or had to wait for any AI aircraft since I started using this program. You can find it here:

http://www.simradar.com/File/3432/AISmo ... 1_11a.html
fppilot
Occasional Flyer
Occasional Flyer

Re: Comments or suggestions about SunAir Express

Post by fppilot »

Dave,
I can only pass my congratulations and my appreciation for what you have done to keep SunAir organized and robust. You have re-inspired me. So far I found some archives including email exchanges with Jim Swanson and others regarding navigating trans-oceanic flights. I hope I have more. May take some time to look. I have not flown much since I moved from NJ to Calif in late 1998, and rarely flew transport aircraft in MS FS versions. My transport experience was all with ATP Flight Assignment. What original SunAir material I have is likely still packed in boxes in a very tight attic. I do have an original SunAir golf shirt and a SunAir ball cap. Perhaps I should photograph them and post the picture here. I may also post a message here on how all of this got started. I firmly believe SunAir is THE original virtual airline.

In regard to this site, I have a couple of questions. I am fumbling around and the answers may be obvious.

Once I get from the main page over to this forum, I cannot see how to get back. The hot graphic at the top of the forum only navigates back to the forum home page. How do you get back to the main site page?

Second, I have emailed Marty and Dave so far. It appears these messages go through real email. Is that correct? Appears there is no pilot to pilot messaging within this site, with the emphasis on within?

Frank Patton
Fppilot 0005
Frank Patton
0005/Patton/6.13 ENE KSNA
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Dave Blake »

fppilot wrote:Dave,

In regard to this site, I have a couple of questions. I am fumbling around and the answers may be obvious.

Once I get from the main page over to this forum, I cannot see how to get back. The hot graphic at the top of the forum only navigates back to the forum home page. How do you get back to the main site page?

Second, I have emailed Marty and Dave so far. It appears these messages go through real email. Is that correct? Appears there is no pilot to pilot messaging within this site, with the emphasis on within?

Frank Patton
Fppilot 0005
To get back to the forum's home page click on "Board Index" at the top of the screen just below the SAX logo or click on the SAX logo. And to get to the SAX main web site you will need to use a favories bookmark or type in the address into your browser.

The "Private Message" feature on this forum is not activated. If enough interest is shown I would be happy to activate it.
Dave Blake - SAX212
Marty_Becker
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Marty_Becker »

Frank:

When you click the email button at the bottom of a forum message, it goes to that member via the email the member put in their profile.

There are pilot emails listed in the POC on the detail pilot page.

We also use Teamspeak to communicate verbally and some of us use Google Talk for textual IM and verbal communications.
Marty - SAX054
8 NW of KORD
fppilot
Occasional Flyer
Occasional Flyer

Post by fppilot »

To get back to the forum's home page click on "Board Index" at the top of the screen just below the SAX logo or click on the SAX logo. And to get to the SAX main web site you will need to use a favories bookmark or type in the address into your browser.
Dave,
A suggestion. The Board Index text and icon provide the means to navigate back to the forum's home page. Why not allow the SunAir logo to link to the site's home page? Then both are accomplished within the site.

Just a suggestion.

Based on Marty's message I guess I need to get cracking with Team Speak and other stuff. Stil sorting out my new 737-700.

Frank
0005/Patton/6.2 ENE KSNA
Frank Patton
0005/Patton/6.13 ENE KSNA
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Frank,

A link on flying the PMDG B737-700 (http://www.fsstation.com/tutorials/boei ... 737ng.html), and the tutorial I used, best I've seen around, http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=41285. Enjoy.

Dave Vega
SAX702