Near-Miss Departing St Louis

Share your favorite screen shots, photos and videos here!
SAX800
Seasoned Flyer
Seasoned Flyer

Near-Miss Departing St Louis

Post by SAX800 »

Tough flight today. We have a near-miss with an American MD-11 departing St Louis and another one on approach to Owensboro with a Mooney M20 which almost hit us in the nose (didn't get that picture - happened WAY TOO FAST). Our evasive action prevented that one. Poor ATC control today.

Reports to follow with the FAA...
Near Miss Departure St Louis, Missouri.jpg
One last B1900D flight to go, and then we transition to the DHC8-Q400.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Very respectfully,
Chris Blair, SAX800
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: Near-Miss Departing St Louis

Post by Dave Blake »

SAX800 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:34 pm ... have a near-miss with an American MD-11 departing St Louis and another one on approach to Owensboro with a Mooney M20 ... Poor ATC control ...
Nice that there was no midair collisions. The AI traffic on FSX isn't that good. That's one reason why I don't use it or have it greatly turned down.
Dave Blake - SAX212
SAX800
Seasoned Flyer
Seasoned Flyer

Re: Near-Miss Departing St Louis

Post by SAX800 »

Good morning Dave,

I think the American Captain had it out for us anyway. We got in a bit of a snarl while taxiing for Take-Off. Even though "Law of Gross Tonnage" usually wins, Small and Agile, was faster.... Again, Ground Control was no help refereeing the snarl. The MD-11 closely followed us down the taxiway, so we were not totally surprised by this event, just stunned how close it was. As for the M20, we saw, we reacted, and "FLASH" it was done - then ATC advised us.... nice!

Usually don't take "selfies" but this one was for the record-books.

Have a great weekend my friend.
Very respectfully,
Chris Blair, SAX800